This book had a lot of information about sword fishing in it. The way the author, Sebastian Junger, wrote the book made it confusing to me. Not only did it have the overall plot about the Andrea Gail, but it had a lot of subplots going on about different types of ship wrecks that happened in the same storm. The author added a lot of scientific detail about weather patterns and fishing that I didn't think added to the story. Overall I didn't really like this book, not because of what the author wrote about, but how he wrote it.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The Perfect Storm
The Perfect Storm is a non-fiction book
about a ship, the Andrea Gail, and its crew out sword
fishing in the northern Atlantic Ocean. While the crew was on its way
home, they found out that they would be going straight into the
combination of three different storms. All three storms would be coming
together in one spot, right where they were headed. They couldn't turn around
because their ice machine broke and they had no way of preserving the over
40,000 lbs. of swordfish they had on board.
This book had a lot of information about sword fishing in it. The way the author, Sebastian Junger, wrote the book made it confusing to me. Not only did it have the overall plot about the Andrea Gail, but it had a lot of subplots going on about different types of ship wrecks that happened in the same storm. The author added a lot of scientific detail about weather patterns and fishing that I didn't think added to the story. Overall I didn't really like this book, not because of what the author wrote about, but how he wrote it.
This book had a lot of information about sword fishing in it. The way the author, Sebastian Junger, wrote the book made it confusing to me. Not only did it have the overall plot about the Andrea Gail, but it had a lot of subplots going on about different types of ship wrecks that happened in the same storm. The author added a lot of scientific detail about weather patterns and fishing that I didn't think added to the story. Overall I didn't really like this book, not because of what the author wrote about, but how he wrote it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good summary of the book. It made me take an interest in the book. I also like the way your blog is set up. Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds very interesting
ReplyDelete