Good Reads

Peyton's bookshelf: to-read


goodreads.com

Monday, April 28, 2014

blog assessment


Blogging Assessment #1- English 1b

Peyton Krell


 

My word choice varies throughout the post. In some spots the word choice is advanced and specific to my writing style. In other spots the word choice is laid back and easier to understand. I use this technique to have readers question and pause for a little bit, and have them have ease in reading. In this blog post I wanted people to understand why she is such a good writer and why I recommend her as a columnist. These words and phrases showcase my personality as a writer by showing that I have a very unique writing style and the word choice and sentence changes a lot. And to conclude my writing style is very different from other people because I change that way I talk throughout the post.

Some purposeful diction I used in my post was low and informal diction. I used this because I wanted my point to be easy to understand. For example, “Finally in her first column she used a lot of dashes to replace parentheses.”. In my post I also had a variety of sentence length. I used this to have a add interesting syntax in my post. For example, “An example of syntax I found is she used a coma instead of a period to keep the sentence flowing and to keep the huge meaning from this line in the same sentence.” Then I have sentences like this, “Over all her writing varies throughout her column.” Overall my choices of diction and syntax influenced my post greatly and added an interesting twist to my writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment